Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jeff's Dos Centavos

Hola!  Nancy decided to take some time off from blogging so this is Jeff (Jefe) doing the honors.  We got an early start to the work today but not as early as we wanted.   Chato was early pic me up today.  Of course it's the first day I sleep too late.  It was raining and very good for sleeping in.  After a quick first breakfast with my host family I passed on a few gifts to them and paid up for my 5 nights there.   The father, Jose Luis leaves at 4am so I only saw him in the evenings when I returned from work. This is me and my breakfast buddies.
Jebdree, Luis, Kayla and Jeff



When we got to La Casa de Perez it was time for second breakfast. We sit indoors but the doors are open and it's open lath for walls so it's just like sitting outdoors.  I tried not to eat much but it's hard to resist. 

Breakfast, again.


We got the final arch built today and will let the mortar set until we get back in a few days.  It's exciting to see how the whole thing is coming together a little at a time.  Unfortunately we didn't get enough done to use the oven right away when we get back.  I might get a day of baking before I leave.  I hope.  The next blog you get will be from Playa Tamarindo.  Pura Vida!
Nancy and Chato fisinh the final arch.  The keystone is from Lake Superior.  They'll always be remninded of the crew from Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment